Friday, July 3, 2015

~English~

The English notebook is finally complete.  It took me a bit longer than expected.  We've been REALLY busy, our family business is up double from last year, and I've been working a whole lot.  It's been an amazing blessing watching our customer base grow, but it's been a struggle too since we don't have the man power to deal with it.  It just means for us that we have to work harder.  I pray every day for patience because even though working harder and longer might be something we are getting better at, when we get home I have less patience to deal with messes and children.  God is being gracious and helping me through this and He is so good.  The Lord has given me a patient husband and forgiving children who help me to slow down when the sin creeps in.  I am incredibly thankful for this!

Some really great news!!!  I just got a new computer!  The Classical Conversations Facebook community is the most amazing ever.  I am so grateful to all of you!  You have blessed me soo much.  It is a beautiful i7 pp and a bunch of other specs I know nothing about but my husband tells me is awesome.  It works amazing, and I am loving using my new publisher program also.  So thank you so much to all of you who helped me afford this!  There was no way I would be able to continue this passion without it!

Now what you really want to see, the new English notebook.  I am pretty excited about this.  I have 3 kids who will be using the notebook this year, one child who reads decently for a 4 year old but barely writes, one who reads slowly but writes beautifully and loves cutting (she's 5), and one who reads better than I can, writes decently for a 7 year old but loathes cutting.  SO these pages are for them, I wanted to be able to tailor these notebooks to be something they enjoy.  I NEVER want our notebook time to be drudgery.  It is supposed to be fun, engaging, and simple.
These notebook pages have the information, a coloring page, and a simple activity.  Created for my 4 year old.

This is the same as the previous, but a little more challenging- my 5 year old will fill in the blank with the word that fits. 


My 5 year old truly loved the English flip books last year so I wanted her to be able to have a whole year of mini books.
A print option, for those who don't do cursive yet


A section of activity pages for 4-6 year olds.  Lots of cut/paste, some coloring pages, a bit of writing with all primary lines.
Then a whole section of more challenging puzzles for the older children.  There aren't any cut and paste pages, just all activity.

Another example of a more challenging activity for the older ones.  Made for my 7 year old, but good for older kids too. 

I am so glad to be able to share them with you.  They are going to be a lot of fun for my kiddos, and I hope your children enjoy them as much as mine do!

You can find these pages by logging into CC connected, going to the "forum" from the learning center, and clicking on the thread that says "SHERIELLIS NEW DROPBOX LINK"

Unfortunately I cannot share the link with you anymore, as the link to the forum is accessible to anyone without cc connected and it is a private forum.  If you have any questions or comments, encouragement even, you can always email me(aclassicaltomorrow@gmail.com) or PM me on facebook.

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment