Friday, August 29, 2014

DIY Scientific Method Visual

Most children of ages 3-6 are very visual.  Having something for them to look at as you teach I have found to be extremely helpful.  I threw this cute little visual together in about 10 minutes.  You can get the little cards HERE


So here's what you will need:
About a yard and a half of a thick ribbon
6 peices of a thinner ribbon about 4in long each
6 binder clips
1 binder ring
glue gun

Here's how:
I first "hemmed" my ribbon by folding the ends back and gluing them.  I then slid my binder ring onto the long ribbon and folded down onto the back, then glued that down.  Then I wrapped each thin ribbon around my long ribbon.  I glued the small ribbons to the back of the long ribbon first then wrapped it around and glued it back on itself.  I trimmed the excess short ribbons off, then I clipped my binder clips onto the small ribbons and clipped the cards on.  The small ribbons were glued about 14cm apart from each other.  Then I glued my "title" to the top below the binder.  
There yah go! DIY scientific method visual!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Will be using it with my Abecedarians this year!

    ReplyDelete